Monday, April 13, 2015

Can I an avid reader write a book?

So this is happening . . . I have had this idea bouncing in my head and it won't go away. These characters are starting feel real to me and all I can say is that this is crazy. HELLO, I am NOT and author!! I am a reader, a fangirl and even a blogger but what I am not is an author. So here is the question can a reader, a blogger, a fangirl also be a writer?


This is so nerve racking. I am not sure if other writer wannabes (cause that is totally what I am right now) feel like this but I am confident I cannot write like the authors I love. But at the same time this story won't go away. Everyday I wake up and it it is there in my head. The plot, the characters  and the setting just continue to expand and it is taking over my thought process.

I have since come to the conclusion that I am only not trying because I am convinced I will fail. But that seems dumb. To never try just because you might fail. Of course I am going to fail at things but I need to at least give every opportunity in life a shot. So here I am, a blogger, reader, fangirl and now writer in progress. I have decided to separate my reader/blogger life from my writing life and to be honest it already feels lonely. I have so many amazing friends in the community but I am just not ready yet to tell everyone that I am starting this project. I thought since I don't have all those friends to talk to that maybe it would be good to get my feelings and struggles out in the world in blog form. So here I am  . . . starting something that terrifies me!

With this being my very first blog post I don't anticipate anyone reading it but that is okay because this is mostly for me. I just need to get my thoughts and feelings out there so maybe this whole process won't feel so daunting.


No comments:

Post a Comment